Preventative Maintenance Services
Industrial Drive Service Inc. performs Preventative Maintenance on variable speed drives and control systems.
Preventative maintenance refers to scheduled, routine maintenance to help keep equipment up and running which will greatly aid in preventing unplanned downtime and expensive costs from unanticipated equipment failure.
Preventive maintenance offers companies a number of important benefits including:
- Prolonged life of company equipment
- Less unplanned downtime caused by equipment failure
- Less unnecessary maintenance and inspections
- Fewer errors in day-to-day operations
- Improved reliability of equipment
- Fewer expensive repairs caused by unexpected equipment failure that must be fixed quickly
- Reduced risk of injury
Ideally, a preventive maintenance schedule will prevent all equipment failure before it occurs. It will save time, reduce costs, and keep an operation running efficiently and productively.
Basic Preventative Maintenance Service
Cabinet power off evaluation, cleaning and inspection
- Inspect drive, auxiliary and PLC cabinets, checking all ventilation components.
- Clean cabinet interior, removing all dust and foreign material.
- Record all drive and motor information for records.
- Clarify all fuses, checking for proper rating and amperage. Electrical drawings and/or fusing charts are required for this.
- Insure all loose wiring is ty-wrapped or tied back in safe or unobtrusive way.
- Check all terminals for proper connections, insuring wires fastened properly.
- If applicable, large contactors to be checked for good contact closure, recommend replacement if necessary.
- Complete ground check for all cabinets and drives in the system.
- Inspect all operator push buttons and potentiometers related to the system.
Cabinet powered up inspections
- Power up and verify drive, plc, and control power supplies.
- Record all control transformer voltages and line supply levels.
- Upload programs if applicable.
- Scope out all potentiometers on the system.
Basic Load Testing (Done using the line jog functions)
- Verify proper operation of all meters on the system.
- View and record the armature waveform with scope.
- Operate drives and take power measurements, compare them to the motor nameplate data.
- With scope, verify tachometers and/or encoders to insure proper operation.
Optional Add-on Services
Advanced Load Testing
- This is completed when line is in normal operation, and under load.
- Includes voltage, current and scope readings of DC and AC drives and motor measurements
- Optional thermal imaging available with this option.
- Inspect brush rigging and connections.
- If applicable, examine brushes, record length, and recommend replacements if necessary.
- Clean motor filters and inspect blower assembly if applicable.
- Inspect & record the condition of the commutator, watch it rotate.
- If possible, check for coupling wear.
- Take and record motor resistances, compare to previous years where applicable.
- Check motor conduit box for loose wiring connections.
- While machine is in normal operation, inspect each main cabinet for hotspots.
- Report any abnormal hotspots to customer while onsite, fixing if possible, or recommending part replacement.
- Take image of entire cabinet and abnormalities, document findings.
To arrange for Preventative Maintenance Service for your equipment contact our service department: